JESSICA EUNSEON CHANG
As an Associate in the Business Law Department at Waltz, Palmer & Dawson, LLC, Jessica’s practice focuses on representing employers in workplace law matters, including employment litigation, best practices counsel, compliance, and business immigration.
- Employment Law and Litigation
- Workplace Counseling & Solutions
- Absence Management & Accommodations
- Administrative Charges
- Background Screening Compliance & Litigation
- Hiring, Testing & Selection
- Wage & Hour Compliance Reviews and Assessments
- Workplace Policies and Handbooks
- Employee Training
- Wage & Hour Litigation
- Government Compliance and Enforcement Actions
- Wage & Hour Audit, Assessment, and Counseling
- Business Immigration
- Non-Immigrant Visas
- Permanent Residence/Immigrant Visas
- Immigration Compliance
- I-9 Policy Development, Compliance, and Training
- I-9 Internal Audit
- Work visa Compliance
- Government Audit and Investigations
Prior to law school, Jessica worked in immigration law as a Paralegal for almost 8 years, during which she gained substantial experience in employment-based immigration including non-immigrant Visa petitions such as H-1B Visas, L-1 Visas, TN Visas, and employment based Green Cards. Having gone through the immigration process herself, Jessica is able to uniquely relate to clients’ needs and concerns.
Jessica graduated from Chicago Kent College of Law in 2013, where she received a Certificate in Labor and Employment Law and was a student editor on the Employment Rights and Employment Policy Journal. She was also a recipient of the Law and Workplace scholarship for 2011-2014. During law school, Jessica clerked with the Illinois Attorney General’s Office, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and Seyfarth Shaw.
Jessica has lived in S. Korea, Australia, and Poland, and has native fluency in both Korean and English. In her spare time, she loves to go on exciting adventures with her daughter and husband.
EDUCATION AND BAR ADMITTANCE
- Chicago Kent College of Law – JD – 2013
- Kyunghee University – BA
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member
- IMA Breakfast Briefing, “HR: Dealing with Opioid (and other drug) Abuse”
- IMA Breakfast Briefing, “Immigration Compliance & I-9’s”
Waltz, Palmer & Dawson, LLC is a full-service law firm with various areas of service to assist your business, including: Employment Law, Intellectual Property, Commercial Real Estate, Business Immigration, Litigation and general Business Law services. Individual services include Estate Planning, Wills and Trusts, Probate, Guardianship, Divorce and Family Law.
This attorney bio constitutes attorney advertising. The material is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Content is provided by Jessica Eunseon Chang.