Mary F. Preissing
As a Senior Associate in the Business Law Department of Waltz, Palmer & Dawson, LLC (WPD), Mary’s philosophy is to provide excellent customer service to each of her clients assisting in reaching positive resolutions on all of their agreements and matters. Mary is honored and feels privileged to be able to serve her business clients in protecting their assets and reaching agreements that benefit her clients with a reasonable allocation of risk and reward between the parties.
- TECHNOLOGY CONTRACTS
- COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- BUSINESS LAW
- ON-LINE TERMS AND POLICIES
- CYBER SECURITY PROTECTIONS IN CONTRACTS
Mary brings over 20 years of business transaction law, commercial and technology contracts experience to WPD’s clients. Mary’s practice focuses on assisting businesses with all types of commercial and technology contracts, intellectual property, licensing, on-line terms, and cyber security protections. Mary is part of the business law team reporting to Partner, Susan Dawson. Mary’s emphasis is on software and other technology licensing and contract protection matters related to your business. Mary has worked both in-house and as outside counsel for various US and global technology and services businesses
Mary graduated with high honors from the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana in 1984 where she earned her Bachelor of Science Degree being on the Dean’s List each year. Mary graduated from De Paul University College of Law in 1994, where she received her Juris Doctorate and the Dean’s Scholarship Award. After graduation, she went to work for Gas Research Institute and then on to SAP America, Inc. where Mary started her long-standing career in technology contracts and licensing with an emphasis on intellectual property protections for a corporation and dispute resolution on all matters relating to businesses.
Mary is also known for her volunteerism and has assisted the area schools, service organizations, and communities over the years with her involvement in many service and fund-raising activities. She has also been very involved in a variety of adult and youth programs and organizations that provide assistance to individuals with special needs in Palatine, Chicago, and Arlington Heights, IL. Such organizations include Misericordia Heart of Mercy, The Palatine Opportunity Center, Our Lady of the Wayside, Westgate Elementary School, South Middle School, and Rolling Meadows High School Parent Organizations and Athletic Boosters. As a mother of two active girls and a member of two very large extended families, the Preissing’s and Iuorio’s, Mary feels the need to stay in touch with her family, service organizations, and the community and is committed to serve and give back as her way of life.
LAW EDUCATION AND BAR ADMITTANCE
- De Paul University, College of Law School, Juris Doctorate, 1994. Dean’s Scholarship Award.
- University of Illinois – Graduated with High Honors, 1984. Dean’s List 1980 to 1984
- Admitted to Illinois Bar and Federal District Court, October 1994.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association, Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- Cook County Circuit Court, Chicago, Illinois. Arbitration Seminars, Certificate, and Arbitrator for the Circuit Court of Cook County
- Mediated, Trained and Prior Certification in Mediation, at The Center for Conflict Resolution
- Conducted Various Workshops, Training and Seminars on Negotiation, Dispute Resolution, Mediation Processes and Intellectual Property Protections
- 1998, Nominated for SAP President’s Club Outstanding Performer;s Award
- 1994-1996, Gas Research Institute Associate Management Board Member and Representative
- 1992-1993, Multi-Year Receipient of Covia (Apollo Travel Services of United Airlines) Customer Service Award
- Arlington Heights Public Forum – “Time to Get Serious! What You Need to Know to Get Your Business to the Next Level” Spring 2018
- Assist with Bar Membership Seminars and Talks
- Wauconda Middle School Dispute Resolution and Negotiation Seminar
- Local High School Districts’ Business Law, Business incubator, Negotiation, and Dispute Resolution Classes and Programs
- Misericordia Heart of Mercy Home for Children and Adults with Developmental Disabilities – Volunteer and Fundraising with Friends and Family.
- Rolling Meadows High School, South Junior High School, and Westgate Elementary School Parent Organizations – Member, Volunteer: Library Committee, Yearbook Facilitator, Booster Club, ABC Foundation.
- Our Lady of the Wayside Parish – Member and Volunteer – Substitute Teacher for Religious Education, Make Room for Rob Fundraiser, REP Pizza Nights and other related activities
- Palatine Opportunity Center – Volunteer – Tutor and Work with Individuals with English as a Second Language
- Local District High Schools – Volunteer Teacher in the Business Law Courses
Should you have any questions about business law or any other laws that may affect your business, or would like to schedule a free initial consultation, please contact Waltz, Palmer & Dawson, LLC at (847)253-8800 or contact us online.
Waltz, Palmer & Dawson, LLC is a full-service law firm with various areas of service to assist your business, including: Employment Law, Intellectual Property, Commercial Real Estate, Business Immigration, Litigation and general Business Law services. Individual services include Estate Planning, Wills and Trusts, Probate, Guardianship, Divorce and Family Law.
This attorney bio constitutes attorney advertising. The material is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.