Nichole M. Waltz
Awarded 2019, Nichole has been selected to the 2019 Illinois Super Lawyers list. Each year, no more than five percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.
Awarded 2019 and 2018, 10 Best Attorney for Client Satisfaction by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys.
Awarded the 2019 and 2018 Lawyers of Distinction by The Lawyers of Distinction Organization.
Awarded 2018, Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel.
Awarded 2018, Top 100 Family Law Attorney in Illinois by the American Society of Legal Advocates.
Nichole has received the 2017 Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel.
Nichole is also 2015’s Top 40 Lawyers Under 40 by the American Society of Legal Advocates. The ASLA is an invitation-only, nationwide organization of elite lawyers in practice today who combine stellar legal credentials with a proven commitment to community engagement and the highest professional standards.
2015 and 2014 Top 40 Lawyers Under 40
Nichole M. Waltz attended the University of Iowa as an undergraduate then DePaul University College of Law where she earned her juris doctorate. After becoming licensed in 2001, Nichole worked as an associate at a small law firm where she represented clients in a wide range of legal areas including civil litigation, criminal defense and family law.
Since 2007 Nichole has focused her practice area in family law where she assists individuals with divorce matters, child support enforcement and modification, custody and visitation disputes and other issues that may arise after divorce. In addition to divorce and related matters, Nichole also prepares pre and post nuptial agreements for her clients and handles Collaborative family law.
Nichole’s understanding of the great emotional toll her client’s matters have on them also helps her assist her client’s during a very difficult time. Nichole’s approach to her client’s matters is to find reasonable solutions in an emotionally and financially economic manner whenever possible. To help achieve this goal for her clients, Nichole has had extensive training with the Center for Conflict Resolution in Chicago, Illinois where she further developed her skills in the art of mediation. Nichole also trained in the practice of collaborative family law and is a Fellow of the Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois and a member of the International Collaborative Law Institute.
Nichole is an active member of the Northwest Suburban Bar Association. In 2008 she was elected to the Board of Governors and in 2011 Nichole was elected to the Executive Committee as the Secretary. From 2013 – 2015 she served as 2nd Vice President, from 2015-2016 as 1st Vice President and from 2016-2017 as President. Nichole participates in the Family Law Court Facilitator program where she regularly volunteers her time in the family law and parentage court rooms of the Rolling Meadows, Illinois court house.
- January 2017: American Institute of Family Law Attorneys: 2017 awarded 10 Best for Client Satisfaction in Illinois
- August 2016: The National Association of Distinguished Counsel: Nation’s Top One Percent
- June 2016: American Institute of Family Law Attorneys: 2016 awarded 10 Best for Client Satisfaction in Illinois
- May 2015: American Academy of Trial Attorneys: “recognized as one of the Premier 100 trial attorneys for the state of Illinois”
- May 2015: American Institute of Family Law Attorneys: 2015 10 Best for Client Satisfaction in Illinois
- May 2015: American Institute of Family Law Attorneys: 2015 Top 40 Under 40
- March 2015: The National Association of Distinguished Counsel: Nation’s Top One Percent
- May 2014: National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40
- Illinois State Bar Association 2001-2003, 2007-2011
- Chicago Bar Association 2001-2006
Member, Matrimonial Law Committee
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association 2002 to Present
Board of Governors 2008 to Present
Membership Chair 2008-2012
Young Lawyers Committee Co-Chair 2006 to 2008
Court Facilitator Domestic Relations 2006 to Present
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America 2005-2006
- Collaborative Law Institute Illinois Fellow 2012 to Present
- NWSBA Executive Committee
- President 2016-2017
- 1st Vice President 2015-2016
- 2nd Vice President 2013-2015
- Treasurer 2012-2013
- Secretary 2011-2012
- The American Society of Legal Advocates
Should you have any questions about Family Law or would like to schedule a free initial consultation, please contact Waltz, Palmer & Dawson, LLC at (847)253-8800 or contact us online.
Waltz, Palmer & Dawson, LLC is a full-service law firm with various areas of service to assist your business, including: Employment Law, Intellectual Property, Commercial Real Estate, Business Immigration, Litigation and general Business Law services. Individual services include Estate Planning, Wills and Trusts, Probate, Guardianship, Divorce and Family Law, Collaborative Divorce & Mediation.
This bio constitutes attorney advertising. The material is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Content provided by Nichole M. Waltz.