Susan L. Dawson, Partner
Susan L. Dawson earned her Juris Doctorate from the Loyola University Chicago School of Law in 2000, with a concentration in corporate/business law and taxation.
Licensed in Illinois since 2000, Susan has made it her career to represent businesses, business owners, entrepreneurs and employees. She has a wide range of experience, having worked with clients on the local, national and international levels. Susan delivers a commitment to service which surpasses clients’ expectations, meeting tight deadlines and responding to pressing matters as they arise.
Susan is also heavily involved in the community, dedicating significant time and effort to supporting a number of non-profit entities in and around the Northwest Suburbs.
- Village of Arlington Heights Planning Commission, Commissioner 2008 to Present
- Northwest Suburban United Way, Legal Counsel
- Northwest Suburban United Way Women’s Leadership Council Member, 2010 to present
- Buzz A Philanthropic Organization for Dedicated Professionals, Founder, Director
- Village of Arlington Heights Housing Commission, Commissioner 2002 to 2007, Chair, 2007 to 2008
- Metropolis Theater Steering Committee, Member
- NAWBO Chicago, Member 2009 to 2010
- Arlington Heights Rotary (noon club) Member, 2007 to 2010
Professional Speaking Engagements
- The Social Media Phenomenon: What every employer should know, Northwest Suburban Bar Association, September, 2010
- Asset Protection Strategies, Northwest Suburban Bar Association, March, 2010
- Workers Compensation from an Employment Law Perspective, Stateline SHRM, May 2010
- Employment Practices: The process of workforce reduction, DS&P Insurance Services, April 2009
- Employee Classification: Company Employee or 1099?, Cornerstone ____, April, 2008
- Preparing for the No Match Rule, ADP Best Practices in Managing Compliance Issues, Nov, 2007
- Corporation or LLC, a practical guide to these entities, Northwest Suburban Bar Ass’n, Oct., 2007
- Starting A Business, repetitive course, District 214 Community Education