Wills, Trusts, Probate, Guardianship, Trust Administration, Power of Attorney for Health Care and Property, HIPAA Authorization, Living Wills, Contested Estates & Trust Litigation
Estate Planning Lawyers
You’ve worked hard your whole life to provide for your loved ones. Make sure you have provided for them with a complete estate plan. Schedule an appointment with an experienced Illinois estate planning attorney.
The benefits to a carefully thought-out and well-crafted estate plan, include:
- Avoiding Guardianship & Probate courts
- If probate is required, reducing probate costs through independent probate administration and eliminating the surety bond fee
- Naming beneficiaries outside of the statutory scheme
- Naming the executor
- Detailing the role of the executor
- Detailing burial/ final disposition requests
- Naming the guardians of minor children
- Providing for contingent beneficiaries, guardians, and executors
Creating a Will or Trust that effectively avoids unintended consequences requires the assistance of a knowledgeable attorney. When it comes to drafting yours, work with an attorney you can trust and who has the extensive knowledge and experience you need.
Call Waltz, Palmer & Dawson today at 847-253-8800. Serving Arlington Heights, Mt. Prospect, Palatine, Schaumburg, Northbrook, Deerfield, Elk Grove, Barrington, Rolling Meadows and the surrounding areas
Most people think of a Will as a document important only when someone has passed away. In reality, it is highly useful to sort out complex details well before death in order to provide clarification for your loved ones. A Living Will can also provide instructions to family members about how to handle specific end-of-life situations.
Under Illinois law, in order for a written Will to be valid, it must:
- Be written by a person who is in an appropriate mental state and not under undue influence or duress
- Be witnessed by someone who is at least 18 years of age and will not benefit from the estate.
Get the information and advice you need from an experienced Estate Planning Attorney
At Waltz, Palmer & Dawson, we ensure that your will or trust addresses your priorities and is executed appropriately. Our highly qualified lawyers will work with you and your family to ensure that there are no misunderstandings and that your wishes will be carried out as you see fit.
For more information on Illinois estate planning please visit our other pages:
- Health Care Planning
- Estate Planning FAQs
- Estate Planning FAQ – What to bring?
- Estate Planning FAQ – Gifting
- Estate Planning FAQ – Life Insurance
- Estate Planning FAQ – Protect minor children
- Estate Planning FAQ – What is an Estate?
- Estate Planning FAQ – Imminent Death
- Wills and Probate
- Estate Planning FAQ – Is Probate Required?
- Estate Planning FAQ – Preparing for Initial Meeting
- Estate Planning FAQ – Personal Mission Statement
- Estate Planning FAQ – Revising an Estate Plan
- Planning For Long Term Care
- The Power of Attorney for Property
- Some Things In Life Are a Shock
- Misconceptions Affecting Assets After Death
- Estate Planning in the Springtime of Your Life
- Estate Planning in the Summer of Your Life
- Estate Planning in the Autumn of Your Life
- Estate Planning In the Winter of Our Lives
Don’t leave anything to chance. Should you have any questions about estate planning or would like to schedule a free initial consultation, please contact Waltz, Palmer & Dawson, LLC at (847)253-8800 or contact us online.
Waltz, Palmer & Dawson, LLC is a full-service law firm with various areas of service to assist your business, including: Employment Law, Intellectual Property, Commercial Real Estate, Business Immigration, Litigation and general Business Law services. Individual services include Estate Planning, Wills and Trusts, Probate, Guardianship, Divorce and Family Law.
This information constitutes attorney advertising. The material is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.
Waltz, Palmer & Dawson, LLC
3030 Salt Creek Lane
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
Phone: (847) 253-8800